Wednesday, October 22, 2008

BOT OCT 21st. On Your Six

Tyson was closing on Andy.......hard. Suddenly I had a flashback, it seemed just like yesterday....... "I'm on your six" the radio crackled as I heeled the Phantom over to give my wingman a clear shot at the Mig straining to get away as we careened over the jungle....but I digress.

Twenty Seven joined in the fray last night and enjoyed perfect bounding weather and a nifty alpenglow as the sun set.

I noticed (and exhorted) that when we had compatible pairings (like Andy and Tyson) that the trailer (person behind) almost always was the more efficient. http://www.skinnyski.com/photos/2008/cxclakeplacid1.jpg. When going hard or easy being more efficient is easier if you have a barometer to gauge your effort. I use the tracks of other skiers. If I can place my skis within their tracks (while skating) I can assume I am traveling more efficiently. Likewise bounding having a skier (better preferably) in front can really make you smoother and better. Remember the biggest goal: Save energy. You do not have to go faster but rather use less energy for the same distance traveled. It's also fun.


Speaking of fun, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqFYjsR9eJA Fun and cool.

I think the workout went well. I sense that a lot of folks are getting the hang of this and there seems to be a corresponding improvement in conditioning, nice.



Note: We have the Birkie Class sign up (see earlier post Sept 26th) on our website www.incompetition.com

It went great. we go at 5:28pm next week. I'll be right behind you!

















Like Father like Son.


























No comments: