Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hillbounding Nov. 15th Turnip Trucks

"you think I fell off a turnip truck" I asked Jim Beno after he called me from Lakewood last Saturday. "No really the skiing was great" he said. I trust Jim but a picture says it all. Check out his first tracks on the 12th. Nice!
Jim was still a little buoyant about the whole weekend thing which helped when he and a couple dozen other athletes "glided" their way up the hill. The night was punctuated by some extra (don't blame me when your sore) upper body work which had a spirited effect on morale.
Lots of positives to report the biggest being balance improvement. After nine weeks thing look vastly better. Most skiers are "skiing" faster. Our fastest 10 skier time average has dropped over 30 seconds in a four minute effort, wow. Virtually everyone is smoother and able to hold it together right to the end. Nice again.
News updates: www.skinnyski.com has trail reports coming in with snow forecasted up nort this weekend. The West Yellowstone Camp starts this week and they are up and grooming. We "finally" have the Birkie Class registration up (hopefully working). We are going to be more strict about numbers this year and since everyone has asked ....http://shop.craftsports.us/catalog/product/gallery/id/18025/image/1093/ Bright Red, Very hip!
Lastly, I expect [?] to see our gate closed next week so just park at the bottom and avoid blocking the gate. I would stay off Bairds Creek Parkway as that is a no parking area. We go until snow or the 29th. I'm betting we see snow the 30th. A free GU to all the bounders if I'm wrong. See you Tuesday at 5:29pm as we countdown the final two weeks till snow. Solid effort tonight!

No comments: